The two Lazarist missionaries who began St. Patrick's parish in LaSalle were the first to serve Catholic families in the Arlington area regularly.
The original frame church in Arlington was built in 1863, with Fr. Farrell serving as the first pastor.
Succeeding him were Fr. M. Lyons, 1877 to 1881; Fr. P. Sheedy, 1881 to 1888; Fr. Jeremiah Moynihan, 1888 to 1894; Fr. M. F. Falihee, 1894 to 1901; Fr. John Cummings, 1901 to 1907; Fr. T. E. Madden, 1907 to 1911; and Fr. George M. Pierson, 1911 to 1914.
Serving as pastor from 1914 to 1929 was Fr. T. J. Fitzgerald. Under Fr. Fitzgerald's pastorate the original church burned and the present structure was built in 1920.
Succeeding Fr. Fitzgerald were Fr. E. A. Kelley, 1929 to 1933; Fr. W. J. Scollin, 1933 to 1938; Fr. James Garrahan, 1938 to 1950; and Fr. Martin McLaughlin, 1950 to 1958.
Fr. Edward Fitton was appointed to the pastorate in 1958 and served until February 1959 when Fr. Francis Dauss was named administrator.
Fr. William Feeney succeeded Fr. Dauss and served until 1960. Fr. Marion Switka was appointed to the pastorate in 1960 and served until 1962 when he was succeeded by Fr. George Howard.
Fr. Edward Purcell was appointed to the pastorate in 1966 and served until 1967 when he was succeeded by Fr. John Waugh.
Fr. Paul B. Clinch was appointed in 1969, and on June 16, 1971, Fr. George H. Hiland was appointed.
Construction of a parish hall was begun in November 1969. The hall, named Bishop Franz Hall, was completed in June 1970 at a cost of $43,500.00.
Fr. Paul Meismer served as administrator of the parish from July 1, 1976 to September 12, 1979, and Fr. Raymond Jacobowski served as administrator from September 1979 to April 1980. Fr. Norbert Tibesar, O.S.B. was appointed on May 14, 1980.
Air conditioning was installed in the church in July 1983, and the church was tuckpointed in September 1985. (History from Catholic Post supplement - August 30, 1987)